Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's here :)



The silence of a snowed-in world. 
A blizzard rages and I'm all alone in the middle of it. 
This is perfection. 


I took both of these pictures last night while walking home from a party. While I hate worrying about driving in the snow and it pains me to think about those that have no home and are seeking shelter on these bitter cold Iowa nights, I can't help but consider snow a little gift from above. There's just something beautiful about the way it covers everything--completely changes the world in so short a time--combats darkness with white fluffiness. I was going nuts the whole way home last night. Suffice it to say, I am a very happy camper, but that is also in part due to the fact that I'm currently sitting in Starbucks sipping a peppermint mocha and listening to Christmas music bundled warmly in my favorite hoodie. Life is good, peeps, and I hope it is for you too.

Stay safe. Stay warm. Enjoy this beautiful world.

No comments: