Saturday, December 4, 2010

I see butterflies!

fighting embryos. or butterflies. or a
Christmas tree! (I have festive skin)
Do you see the E? Sort of? 
It's been bothering me last night that I didn't know what THIS was called (Erythema ab igne. I mean, of all things--THAT'S what it's called? it looks like BS.) Anyways. Last night, while skyping the boy, I was sitting in my round fuzzy gray chair with my feet propped up on the windowsill so my legs would get warm and toasty from the heater which is right under the window. I wanted my legs toasty in the whimsical mmmmm-I-just-ate-a-stomach-and-my-heart-feels-fuzzy-and-toasty kind of way [EDIT: that was supposed to be "ate-a-smore..." but I couldn't completely change it because that typo makes me smile and smiles are few and far between during dead week]. Not in the toaster strudel kind of way. But that's what happened. My pictures suck because I had to take them on my phone because I was skyping the boy and he kept giving me weird faces and comments whenever he caught me looking at the backs of my legs and shouting out the random things I saw in them. Like an E. Or skulls. (last night the bigger one looked like a skull or a mean face or a Christmas tree. But today I see fighting embryos. Like twins in the womb. That fight each other.) Plus, I was too lazy to get my camera out. I considered using my computer but that would have involved stopping my skype session with boy and in boy vs. fighting embryos, boy always wins.

Anyways. Just for the record, the weird skin things went away after 20 minutes. I don't have some scary disease. I just sit too close to the heater sometimes. Maybe if I kept my heat at a mid-level all the time instead of turning it off and waiting until I'm freezing and then turning it on high and sitting really close to it, that would never have happened. Also, I was wearing shorts. Usually when I do that I'm wearing pants (which makes sense because I'm cold. I don't know why I was wearing shorts last night). Whatever. But beware people. Apparently this can also be called toasted skin syndrome (that makes so much more sense than jiggerythiglsosoleditcheesas or whatever it's really called), and it's recently been in the news more often because people do this to themselves while using laptops. I'm so glad that I, living in the 21st century, where awesome things like laptops pose health issues, get burned [ish] by really old radiator things. Totally 21st century. (By the way I'm not complaining. I actually like it. And I'm thankful I have heat. I'm just saying: laptops... really old radiator... laptop... really old radiator. Interesting.)
Really old radiator thingy

In other news, I am the queen of procrastination. Today I read through almost all of Allie's old blog entries, played snake 59382018475903 times, read my boss' paper for the 3rd time (I don't know why but I can totally focus when reading other people's stuff... just not my own!), googled my skin thingy for a long time, listened to an entire album of Sara Evans and read the lyrics at the same time, watched 20 minutes of Wizard of Oz (that was actually for class though-- but watching it again didn't make me change my mind that it's really really dark and shouldn't be labeled a kid's movie), braided my hair, lost my card thingy for my phone to put my pictures on this blog (which is why this post has taken at least 45 minutes to write), and... other stuff. I don't even remember now. I also wrote a bit and got some stuff done. I wasn't entirely non-productive, but I'm constantly impressed with my ability to procrastinate.

... that's all.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Allie Brosh is my hero.